The hiking trails shown are registered in the Plan Départemental des Itinéraires de Promenade et de Randonnées (PDIPR – Departmental Map of Walking and Hiking Routes).
In the footsteps of the Blacksmiths, the Miners, the Poète Cadou … The territory of Castelbriant will have no secrets for you … Varied trails of different levels of difficulty for young and old.
The medieval heart in Châteaubriant, the protected ecological heritage in Moisdon la Rivière, the slopes of the Chère in Saint Aubin des Châteaux, the Forges de la Hunaudière in Sion les Mines, bird watching at the Beaumont pond in Issé … are all paths to explore alone, with family and friends …
Some recommendations for hikers:
These hiking trails were born from the will shared by the municipalities, associations, volunteers and private owners, to preserve sunken lanes, to protect flora and fauna and to restore and enhance the local heritage. Please respect the places and the environment around you … and stay on the marked path. Our beautiful countryside just needs to be preserved in order to better recharge our batteries. In a territorial approach and to develop a sufficiently dense and quality network of paths, the Châteaubriant-Derval Community of Communes is responsible for leading the establishment and maintenance of the paths. We hope that you will appreciate during your hike, the efforts and the partnership deployed by all stakeholders to preserve our rural areas and thus allow everyone to recharge their batteries and appreciate the benefits.
Donwload the PDF format trails
- 1-Sentier des deux clochers – Châteaubriant
- 2- Sentier des Pierres Rouges – Rougé
- 3- Sentiers d’Erbray Please note that some paths on Erbray are not passable during the entire hunting period*
- 4- Sentiers de St Julien de Vouvantes
- 5- Sentier de Soudan
- 6- Sentiers de Juigné les Moutiers Warning Juigné trails open from March 1 to September 15 (prohibited during the hunting season*)
- 7- Sentier de la Grée – Fercé
- 8- Sentier de Noyal sur Brutz
- 9- Sentiers de Moisdon la Rivière Attention moorland trail open from March 1 to September 15 (prohibited during the hunting season*)
- 10- Sentier de l’Abbaye – La Meilleraye de Bretagne
- 11 – Sentiers d’Issé
- 12- Sentier René-Guy Cadou – Louisfert
- 13- Sentier des Chênes et Châtaigniers – Ruffigné
- 14- Sentiers de St Aubin des Châteaux et Sion les Mines
- Carte globale des sentiers de randonnée du Territoire Châteaubriant-Derval
*Opening of the Hunt from September 20, 2020 to February 28, 2021:
As every year, from September to February: hikers can no longer access certain trails located in the municipalities of Moisdon la Rivière / Grand Auverné / Juigné les Moutiers / Erbray to make way for hunting activity. More information: http://www.chasse44.fr
Suggestions for bicycle tours in the Châteaubriant Derval area: